Tuesday, October 30, 2012

 

      Togainu No Chi Episode 1 Review




I just started this new series today & I must say it's REALLY interesting.
So there is this weird guy with a suitcase at the beginning of the episode & he's saying this real deep shit that I can't say quote by quote. So, this guy jumps off a building & I thought he was commiting suicide but, no apparently the guy can freakin jump off buildings & land feet first on the ground. (Maybe he's a cat?) Anyways, this creepy guy leaves his suitcase in the middle of the street. (Seriously, who does that!? "Oh hey I have a suitcase so im gonna leave it in the middle of the street so people can steal my stuff before it gets run over by car!")
Then, the opening song begins. I thought the opening song was entertaining.
(If you enjoy metal, that is.) Then it goes on to show the main character, Akira.
Which by the way, is fucking HOT! Akira looks super badass to me & it looks like they could do a lot of interesting things with this type of character's personality. Let's just hope they don't mess up their oppurtunity. So Akira is fighting a tough guy & Akira pummels the crap out of him and wins at this fighting arena called Bl@ster <---- Yeah, that's how you spell it.
Akira seems to not really care about winning because he shrugged the fact that he won off & looked utterly bored to death. (~~Ohoooo My, my, a little passive, are we?) As Akira walks past some guys that invited him to drink, this guy named Keisuke starts talking to Akira. They seem to be good friends and Keisuke looks like a really gentle, caring person. I'm already starting to like these characters.

                           The picture above me is the guy named Keisuke.
So as the story continues, Keisuke tells Akira that he will swing by his place later & Akira agrees. Akira then walks to his home & lies down on the bed obviously looking bored and depressed with his life. (At least, that's the impression I got.) He falls asleep & has a dream about 2 guys beating up someone to death (Which by the way is COMPLETELY normal.....O.O) Akira then wakes up to the sound of someone knocking on his door repeatedly. At first I thought it was Keisuke but, Akira was on his tiptoes & being as quiet as possible so I knew something weird was going on.  Before Akira even gets to open the door, a stranger in black clothing swings the door open & tries to attack him. Of course, Akira being the Bl@ster champion he is, he beats him up in a couple swings but is surrounded by 2 more guys in black & ends up getting tackled to the floor with his arms behind his back. They say that they are cops & that they believe Akira knows someone that they are looking for. (You know, if the "Cops" had just politely knocked on the door and had went into Akira's house respectfully, maybe Akira wouldn't have minded opening the door & answering questions! -_-) Anyways, I bursted out laughing when I saw the guy who had Akira's hands behind his back because his eyes were really bugged out & he looked like an insect crawling on the poor dude.
                 See what I mean? It's a human insect! (If that's even possible)
Anyways, the cops question him about a certain man on a phto that they have. It took me a couple minutes to figure out that the guy in the phtograph was actually the dude in Akira's dream that got beat up. (Don't blame me! Im slow! >.<) Apparently the man died & Akira was the prime suspect, so they took him to jail. While all the police drama was happening, Keisuke ran over to Akira's house with some grocery bags only to find no one at the house & Akira's jacket on the chair. Keisuke starts to get worried & he goes around looking for him. (Poor guy) Meanwhile, poor Akira is getting beat up by some "Cops". The "Cops" explain that Akira has no alibi, he's strong, skilled, & agile. (Don't forget smoking HOT! O//////O) Plus, he was near the scene of the crime & he is involved with the fighting arena Bl@ster, so he had to spit out that he did it or they were just going to probably beat him up until he dies. Even though Akira defended himself, they still took him away & he was charged for murder which in this Anime, is a lifetime in prison. (Yikes!) As Akira sits down in jail & starts wondering if he's really going to be here for the rest of his life due to false accusations, a "Cop" opens the door & tells him he has a visitor. (Okay, so they really are cops, you win. I was certain they weren't, dammit.... -_-) When he enters the room a woman named.....uhhh....erm....well, she said to think of her as unimportant so....I forgot her name. Whoops. Okay well anyway's here's a picture of her. Im just going to nickname her Glenn from now on, okay? Btw, Glenn is BEAUTIFUL. This is coming from a straight girl. 

When he enters the room a woman named Glenn tells Akira that he could still get out of jail but on their own conditions. (There's always gotta be conditions, dammit.) Glenn tells Akira about a place called Toshima. After the Division District incident, (Wait, what incident!? What happened? They never freakin explained! >.<) the gap between the CFC & the Japanese Revival Party grew wider, & Toshima became a lawless district. She explains that if he would like to get his freedom back, he would have to go to Toshima & participate in Igra. Glenn says that Igra is a more mature game than that of Bl@ster. Igra is a massacre game where you must take necklace tags from other participants by force. The end-goal is to aim for Igra's flawless king. Akira must defeat someone called II Re. (~~ooooooo Intimidating name......creepy O.O) If he is able to overthrow the king, that would lead to the destruction of the drug company Vischio. If he did that, she would find a way to free him from the prison's grasp. He agreed & Glenn handed him a couple necklace tags needed to participate in the game. The next day, Akira is freed from jail & is followed by 2 police officers so he can pick up his stuff & go to Toshima. As Akira gets to his house, he finds Keisuke sitting down beside the door waiting for him. (Keisuke was probably there the whole night beside the door like a little puppy. He's adorable! Kya!~ >.<) Keisuke & Akira meet up & start talking. The 2 police officers then tell Keisuke to refrain from any unecessary contact. Keisuke yells at the 2 cops & demands them to leave. (Personally, I REALLY like Keisuke. One, because he looks like an uke, & I love uke's cause they're full of MOE adorable-ness. Two, because most uke's are "vulnerable" & the seme always has to save the uke. Which of course I don't mind, I actually love it. Though, I really do appreciate & LOVE Uke's who can be cute & adorable, yet become threatening & scary when the time to stand up for themselves comes.) Wow, Im off topic. Moving on, Akira then throws a sex joke by saying "Im going to say my goodbyes so Im going into my house. What if there's something that I want to do that I can't do outside?" & Keisuke gets all flustered & confused. 
(Kya!~ O///O) Once Akira goes inside the house with Keisuke he explains what happened last night (<----That's what she said.) CUT IT OUT DIRTY MIND! Anyways, Akira then tells him he has no other choice but to participate unless he wants to spend his whole life in jail. Akira then leaves Keisuke & follows the police officers to the car. Keisuke stays in Akira's room saddened. Akira is then abandoned by the 2 cops in Toshima, his destination. Akira takes a REAL long walk around the abandoned (when I say abandoned, I mean buildings rotting, roads/streets broken, streets lights crippled, etc. Ya know, kinda like The Walking Dead atmosphere going on. Except, there's no zombies....I think. I'll have to watch episode 2 to find out.) city. As he was taking a REALLY long walk, it gave me a good opportunity to view the illustrations & art. I noticed the art was very lifelike & detailed. However, the animation was O.K. 
Finally, Akira walks upon a couple of strange shaped tubes with green liquid inside of them. 

He is then ambushed by some weird guys with veins popping out of their head. They threaten Akira, telling him that if he doesn't hand over his tags, they will kill him. Akira refuses to hand them over so, the weird guys gang up on him & grab the tubes with green liquid inside & drink them. (Is that an energy drink or a drug? Maybe steroids? Who knows.) I guess the glass tubes make them stronger? Either way, Akira fights back but ends up on the floor. He stands back up again, ready to beat the crap out of them. Just as he was about to do that, a really, & I MEAN REALLY FUCKING HOT guy with a KATANA! (It's a freakin BONUS! A Katana makes a guy look even sexier! Kya!~ O///O) I am Kya!-ing way too much in this anime. UGH I KEEP SWITCHING TOPICS! A hot guy with a katana....*tries her best to not Kya again*.....steps out of the shadows & slaughters everyone besides Akira. (Must I mention he slaughtered them in a really cool way. Readers: "......" Me: What?.....OKAY IM SORRY IM A PYSCHO.) The hot guy dripping with....er....Katana pheromones points his sword towards Akira & asks hm if he wants to die too. He tells him to beg for his life, & Akira returns a snappy comment refusing to beg. The hot guy then whispers "Those arrogant eyes of yours are most intriguing." before he dissapears into the shadows again. (I smell smexy romance between the the two! :D)
             This is the HOT guy that's dripping with Katana pheromones.
              (There's something about hot guys with swords that I LOVE)

That concluded the first episode. All in all, for the first episode, I found this anime very interesting. I really liked the way the illustrations & characters were shown. Ontop of that the characters were super hot, especially Akira & the "Katana Man" <----- That's his nickname until I find out his name. All in all, I believe that this was a great introduction to the series. I am definetely looking forward to watching episode 2 of Togainu No Chi. I will be posting Togainu No Chi episode 2 Review soon. Thanks! <3

.............Im.....hungry......  :/ (Forgot I skipped breakfast)







No comments:

Post a Comment